Our kids are on the downward slope of this school year. Summer break will be here before we know it, and NOW is the time to start planning. Hopefully, your summer will include some fun family activities. Summer break can also be an excellent time for your teen to explore career interests.
There are various ways your teen can explore different careers over the summer. Some options are:
- Volunteer – for example, if they have an interest in working with animals, they can volunteer at a local animal shelter
- Camps – Field-specific camps like engineering and robotics or marine science are great for teens interested in those fields.
- Job Shadowing – your teen can spend a day or two alongside someone in their career of interest. Maybe an auto mechanic, someone in public relations, or an architect.
- Jobs and Internships – Youth Activity / Day Camp Counselor, Graphic Design Intern, or Nature Guide are great ways to explore career interests.
- Work with a Career Coach – My Ideal College can get your teen on the right path if they’re unsure what they want to do.
Like planning for life after high school, you don’t want to wait until the last minute to plan your teen’s summer. Camps fill up quickly, and businesses are already hiring for summer work. Have a conversation with your teen about their ideas for the summer. Which of the options above are they most interested in exploring?
At My Ideal College, we support teens by helping them find careers they will enjoy in their twenties. We used research-based data to match them to careers that highlight their natural strengths. Did you know that if your job contains at least 75% of what you naturally like to do, you will be THREE times more successful? In less than 30 minutes, we can help your teen find those careers and get clarity.
Sign up for a complimentary College Assessment Plan call to get started. Summer bookings are filling up quickly. Don’t delay.